Dear prayer intercessors for Kosova,
This is the 17th year in a row, that on January 31 we share a 24-hour day dedicated to prayer and fasting for Kosova. Perhaps you have heard many repetitions that Kosova has achieved many successes since the time of after war, however that there is still much work to be done. I believe for many reasons, this conclusion is correct. Perhaps it is obvious to us, but today I want to look at the promise that we find in the Bible – the Word of God – when His people pray and seek His face. In 2 Chronicles 7:14, which simultaneously is motivating verse for the day of prayer and fasting for Kosova, writes: “If my people, which are called in my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their ways bad, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land“.
I am convinced that we all can count the blessings of God for Kosova. He always showed kindness, His generosity land faithfulness towards Kosova. In times of crisis – has fed us; at times of stress – has protected us; when we failed, forgave us by giving us a new chance; His church in Kosova continues to grow and be strengthened in the grace of God.
However, we must admit the failure in our journey to do His will. In the Protestant Church we strongly believe in the priesthood of believers (1 Peter 2: 9). As such, we all have obligation to mediate in prayer to God for our country.
STRATEGIC ORIENTATIONS FOR PRAYER AND FASTING
There are four directions in prayer that this year we would like to bring to God for Kosova:
- For the SPIRITUAL situation. We pray that the people of Kosova will return to God forsaking their sinful ways. For new churches to be planted; for believers to be strengthened.
- For the POLITICAL situation. During 2015 there were increased numbers of revolt against the government. The high degree of corruption on the one hand and high poverty on the other, has caused stasis to the general public. More protests have been announced this year.
- For the ECONOMIC situation. Over 50,000 Kosovars have left Kosova in 2015 migrating to the Western Europe in search of a better life.
- For situation with LEADERS. Kosova never before has had a bigger need for a LEADER who leads the people. Citizens’ trust in the political and religious leaders is increasingly falling.
Therefore, dear mediator for Kosova, seeing the situation in Kosova, at the KPEC Council we agreed to ask again the Kosovo church and church in the world, to come on their knees before God for our country.
ORGANIZATIONAL TIPS FOR PRAYER AND FASTING
This year, we would like to organize the prayer and fasting as follows:
- A FULL 24 HOURS FASTING of no eating or drinking but reading the Word of God. At Acts 9:9 we see Paul had done such a thing, even for a few days. Fasting, prayer and seeking the face of God begins on 30 January 2016 (Saturday) at 19:00h and ends on January 31st, 2016 (Sunday) also at 19:00.
- WORSHIP AND PRAYER SERVICE. We would like to invite Pastors to lead their churches in mediation prayer for Kosova during the morning service. In addition, we would like to call upon the churches in Kosova on Sunday, January 31 from 18:00 to 19:00, churches in every city or region, and to join in common prayer service, to conclude so the fasting prayer.
Finally, in thanking you very much for your faith and perseverance, I would like encourage you with a Bible verse:
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labour is not in vain in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58).
* For general information about the International Day of Prayer and Fasting for Kosovo you may visit the KPEC official website online at Link: click here